Saturday, October 20, 2007

Dashain Fever!!!!!!

At this moment most of the Nepal affiliated blogs are filled with blogs about Dashain.Looking all these happenings,I thought my blogspot also needs a justification on that so thought of writing one.Today is Aasthami,but by the time I post this blog it'll be Nawami I guess.
I'm currently in Bangalore doing my BCA.And this is my 2nd dashain out of home.Previously, was in PUnjab ae class 8th if I remember.While I was in Nepal I've heard alot about the Dashain in India,but the reality is a bit different.The 1st surprise came when the college didin't even gave a single day holiday.Second came when in class I heard that the college in arranging extra classes at this festive hour.Whenever my mom or sister calls me up ,they just make me turn nostalgic and remember about Nepal.But as i grew older and older Dashain is not like Dashain for me.Its just like some card stuffs at home and some non-veggy thing that's it.Last 3/4 Dashain's were not like Dashain here in Nepal.Maybe(definately) because the country was under war previously.Don't know how its going to be this year either.But I can hope this Dashain turns out to be good for everyone.
Newroad & Basantpur would have started getting very crowded.Let's forget Ason.Guess some fest would be going on,on the streets of Newroad,some jamming in Basantpur.Thamel too would be crowded and busy.Some concerts would be going on,on Brikuti Mandap.All the schools and colleges must have been closed for Dashain and what not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That's really turning me nostalgic!!!!
Thamel shops would have started humming mangal dhuns,temples would have started fillling up.The streets gradually must have been less crowded and the Ratnapark micros definately would have decreased.Buspark and Kalanki would be packed nowadays i guess.Local Cahnnels would have started a small logo writing"Bijaya Dashami ko Mangal maya Kamna" on a corner.And all the Nepalese would be rejoicing the festival season.I miss them all.
.......................................................................
I don't know what I'll do out here this Dashian.Totally confused.After all I'm sick too noe over here.
I think I'll read all those blogs again on Dashian and feel contented what more left to do.
Happy Biajaya Dashmi to you all.
Sabai le Chitayeko pugos,sabai khusi rahun.
Desh ma shanti chaos(not chaos).
That's all I know how to give blessing.........................

No comments:

 
Follow @__saurav